Tuesday, September 02, 2014 Login · Register
    Login
Username

Password


Remember Me

Not a member yet?
Click here to register.

Forgotten your password?
Request a new one here.

 

    Users Online
  • · Members on IRC: 32   
  • · Total Members: 16,006
  • · Newest Member: barcejona
  •  

     

        Related Ads
     

     

     

        Top 10 Forum Posters
    UserPosts
    bluechill1411   
    madf0x1291   
    cruizrisner1062   
    Qwexotic1034   
    Null Set870   
    Override604   
    auditorsec603   
    godofcereal599   
    TurboBorland585   
    Teddy477   
     

        Affiliates




  • iExploit


  • iExploit


  • WeChall





  • Thisislegal.com

  •  

        Related Ads
     

    View Thread
         
    Security Override Hacking Challenges Programming Challenges
    Programming 10
    Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

    Print Thread
    01-04-2011 11:24 AM Programming 10
    I'm a little confused and skeptical that this challenge is actually working.

    From what I understand, the moo directory is:
    http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/
    This page says that this dir contains dir's 1-100. This page is plaintext.
    When navigating to one of the pages:
    http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/1/
    It says fail. What I'm getting from this challenge is that 3 of these pages will give the 3 keys instead of saying fail.
    When i run my script over all the pages, 1-100, they all contain Fail.
    Am I missing something?
     
    Offline
    01-04-2011 11:35 AM RE: Programming 10
    fox64 wrote:
    I'm a little confused and skeptical that this challenge is actually working.

    From what I understand, the moo directory is:
    http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/
    This page says that this dir contains dir's 1-100. This page is plaintext.
    When navigating to one of the pages:
    http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/1/
    It says fail. What I'm getting from this challenge is that 3 of these pages will give the 3 keys instead of saying fail.
    When i run my script over all the pages, 1-100, they all contain Fail.
    Am I missing something?


    I think you are missing sessions Smile

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Every great story on the planet happened when someone decided
    not to give up, but kept going no matter what.
    "
    Spryte Loriano
     
    Offline
    01-04-2011 11:36 AM RE: Programming 10 | Edited by tiiger1111 01-04-2011 11:39 AM
    Maybe you're missing cookies..

    Edit : lol ne011, 1 minute between our replies Smile
     
    Offline
    01-04-2011 11:43 AM RE: Programming 10
    Well, these two have answered your question. Remember that the folder where the texts are in varies for each session so it is important that the script you use also contains the session that you currently have. Smile
     
    Offline
    06-01-2011 02:22 AM RE: Programming 10
    Hello,

    First of all congrats for this website and the challenges, I'm a french user and appreciate it a lot.

    I have a question about this challenge :

    Is the first goal, to write a script to find the moo directory ? (do the script have to scan all URL's of the website to find the moo directory? or just scan all subfolders of this directory :http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/)

    thank you !
     
    Offline
    06-01-2011 05:15 AM RE: Programming 10
    libertad wrote:
    I have a question about this challenge :

    Is the first goal, to write a script to find the moo directory ? (do the script have to scan all URL's of the website to find the moo directory? or just scan all subfolders of this directory :http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/)


    write a script ,that will scan the sub folders of this moo dir ,which contains 1-100 folders.

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Every great story on the planet happened when someone decided
    not to give up, but kept going no matter what.
    "
    Spryte Loriano
     
    Offline
    06-01-2011 05:31 AM RE: Programming 10
    ok thanks !
     
    Offline
    06-16-2011 12:20 PM RE: Programming 10
    it always displays fail.......


    check it plz
     
    Offline
    06-16-2011 12:49 PM RE: Programming 10
    banyrock wrote:
    it always displays fail.......


    check it plz


    The challenge works. The problem you're encountering is that your program is not "logged in" as you. Read the posts above (again?).

    securityoverride.net/images/userbar.png
     
    Offline
    06-21-2011 02:29 PM RE: Programming 10 | Edited by banyrock 06-21-2011 02:30 PM
    not working, i tried to check them manually, so i logged in to the site, then entering the challenge......


    same thing........... Sad
     
    Offline
    06-21-2011 05:07 PM RE: Programming 10
    banyrock wrote:
    not working, i tried to check them manually, so i logged in to the site, then entering the challenge......


    same thing........... Sad


    Then you are simply doing it wrong Pfft
     
    Offline
    10-24-2011 06:29 PM RE: Programming 10
    ne011 wrote:
    fox64 wrote:
    I'm a little confused and skeptical that this challenge is actually working.

    From what I understand, the moo directory is:
    http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/
    This page says that this dir contains dir's 1-100. This page is plaintext.
    When navigating to one of the pages:
    http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/1/
    It says fail. What I'm getting from this challenge is that 3 of these pages will give the 3 keys instead of saying fail.
    When i run my script over all the pages, 1-100, they all contain Fail.
    Am I missing something?


    I think you are missing sessions Smile

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


    I think I'm doing the same thing but I really don't understand why!
    I fix my session using cURL in PHP. I run the same script since the begining of the computer challenges and it always worked but here, it's not doing it!
    I ask for session, I get it. I ask for the ashes, I get them. Then try to open all moo/x forlders with this very same session using two ways: cookies and PHPSESSID in url parameters. But whatever I try, I still get "fail". Is the session problem coming from the use of a subdiretcory?
    If the aim of this challenge is the understanding of session management then, I'll try to figure this out alone but, if not, please, help me! xD

    Sorry for the inconvenience and for asking what is possibly obvious! But thank you for the futur help!
     
    Offline
    10-25-2011 04:05 AM RE: Programming 10
    miaouPlop wrote:
    ne011 wrote:
    fox64 wrote:
    I'm a little confused and skeptical that this challenge is actually working.

    From what I understand, the moo directory is:
    http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/
    This page says that this dir contains dir's 1-100. This page is plaintext.
    When navigating to one of the pages:
    http://securityoverride.com/challenges/programming/10/moo/1/
    It says fail. What I'm getting from this challenge is that 3 of these pages will give the 3 keys instead of saying fail.
    When i run my script over all the pages, 1-100, they all contain Fail.
    Am I missing something?


    I think you are missing sessions Smile

    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


    I think I'm doing the same thing but I really don't understand why!
    I fix my session using cURL in PHP. I run the same script since the begining of the computer challenges and it always worked but here, it's not doing it!
    I ask for session, I get it. I ask for the ashes, I get them. Then try to open all moo/x forlders with this very same session using two ways: cookies and PHPSESSID in url parameters. But whatever I try, I still get "fail". Is the session problem coming from the use of a subdiretcory?
    If the aim of this challenge is the understanding of session management then, I'll try to figure this out alone but, if not, please, help me! xD

    Sorry for the inconvenience and for asking what is possibly obvious! But thank you for the futur help!

    apart from session mgmt, you need to take care of timer,your loop should be fast enough.
    Smile....Even IMPOSSIBLE says I m possible.... Smile

    And with knowledge comes responsibility.
     
    Offline
    10-25-2011 07:48 AM RE: Programming 10
    auditorsec wrote:
    apart from session mgmt, you need to take care of timer,your loop should be fast enough.


    Thx for the reply!

    My script is fast enough. At the end I generally still have 60 seconds to go before the end of the chall.

    Can I PM you my script?
     
    Offline
    10-25-2011 09:59 AM RE: Programming 10
    miaouPlop wrote:
    auditorsec wrote:
    apart from session mgmt, you need to take care of timer,your loop should be fast enough.


    Thx for the reply!

    My script is fast enough. At the end I generally still have 60 seconds to go before the end of the chall.

    Can I PM you my script?

    yes , sure u can
    Smile....Even IMPOSSIBLE says I m possible.... Smile

    And with knowledge comes responsibility.
     
    Offline
    01-18-2012 02:39 AM RE: Programming 10
    I just completed this mission. One thing which I didn't like was that there were only the required three passwords in the sub directories. That way I didn't even have to bother looking at what passwords I had to find. I think there should be some random other passwords too so that one has to actually check for the correct password. I know even this won't pose a hurdle but still it'll at least be a little something extra. I mean just a simple for loop for Programming "10" doesn't feel challenging.
     
    Offline
    01-19-2012 01:43 AM RE: Programming 10
    Hi

    You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.
     
    Offline
    01-19-2012 03:54 AM RE: Programming 10
    thu062012 wrote:
    Hi

    You can find this info by using search box in the top of website with some keywords related before posting questions.


    Huh?
     
    Offline
    04-13-2013 07:23 PM RE: Programming 10
    Any tips on how to do that session thing? i just cant figure out how to send it with the url.
     
    Offline
    04-14-2013 04:55 AM RE: Programming 10
    You do not send it within the URL you need to send your session in the HTTP cookie field of you request. I do not know with what language your are doing that. But if you use a library for sending HTTP request there is most likely a function which helps you to set the cookie. Just copy your session (e.g. with tamper) and make the request with that as cookie field.
    Join our IRC channal! irc.evilzone.org #Evilzone #SecurityOverride

    This dude doesn't answer to PM..no matter how special you think you are...sry

    "With great power comes great responsibility"
     
    Offline
    Jump to Forum:
    Forum powered by fusionBoard