Related Ads

View Thread

Security Override Hacking Challenges Decryption Hacking Challenges
    Decryption Level 7
    Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread
    01-23-2011 04:25 PM Decryption Level 7
    Hello Security override,
    I'm really stuck on this challenges.. i did my best to solve it, but it seems that even my best friend Google can't help me on this Pfft Is there something i should know ? any details ? articles, anything that helps Smile ? It would be appreciated.
    Thank you & i really support for this great challenges they are really helping me to know more.. and i just figure out that is the best to learning.. You get stuck ! you are bored ! You seek & then you Congrats, and this way you will never forget it ^^'

01-23-2011 05:45 PM RE: Decryption Level 7 | Edited by TurboBorland 01-23-2011 05:45 PM
    It's a pretty shifty challenge.

http://www.asciitable.com/

01-24-2011 02:34 AM RE: Decryption Level 7
    TurboBorland wrote:
    It's a pretty shifty challenge.

http://www.asciitable.com/

+ calculator Smile

01-24-2011 09:55 AM RE: Decryption Level 7
    I did it without a calc
    Smile....Even IMPOSSIBLE says I m possible.... Smile

And with knowledge comes responsibility.

01-24-2011 07:22 PM RE: Decryption Level 7
    One thing you should know: There's a reason that the form for encrypting a text exists. Pfft

03-25-2011 05:27 AM RE: Decryption Level 7 | Edited by MacsBug 03-26-2011 04:43 PM
    OK, I am lost here.

I figured out how to decrypt the hash. When I enter the string and encrypt it, I get the proper encrypted string, but when I submit the decrypted string it says that the string is wrong.

I have tried logging out and in several times to see if that helps and I get the same result.

Can anyone point me in the direction of what I am missing?

=========================================================================

Was able to log in the next day and complete this. There must be a bug in the system.

06-14-2012 07:43 AM RE: Decryption Level 7
    I have the same issue as MacsBug =(

My string is encrypting properly, but when I'm trying to submit answer I got error.

06-24-2012 03:17 PM RE: Decryption Level 7
    The string resets everytime you submit something it seems, try clearing your history. I believe you have to try it in one go but I'm not exactly sure. Smile Anyway clearing the history changes the string.

06-28-2012 10:26 AM RE: Decryption Level 7 | Edited by fij 06-28-2012 11:14 AM
    Download source  Code
    ./7-custom-encryption.pl decrypt "<script>alert('xss');</script>"
    Anhmnky9fgjmy#,sxn,$@74nhmnky9

And it does work! (I mean, paste the string Anhmnky9fgjmy#,sxn,$@74nhmnky9 in the form to encrypt it and you'll see)

I know using htmlentities would make this challenge a real pain in the ass, but just wanteed to point that out!

The challenge is now to make more funny strings and to invite people to try them! ;)

06-29-2012 06:27 PM RE: Decryption Level 7 | Edited by tiiger1111 06-29-2012 06:28 PM
    fij wrote:
    Download source  Code

And it does work! (I mean, paste the string Anhmnky9fgjmy#,sxn,$@74nhmnky9 in the form to encrypt it and you'll see)

I know using htmlentities would make this challenge a real pain in the ass, but just wanteed to point that out!

The challenge is now to make more funny strings and to invite people to try them! ;)

Nice work! :)
    I have no idea how you came up with the idea of trying xss in that challenge.. But that's clever!

08-21-2012 12:03 AM RE: Decryption Level 7 | Edited by Null Set 08-21-2012 12:58 PM
    i got all key decrypted except the character removed, how could i represent the removed in plain text !!

08-21-2012 10:05 AM RE: Decryption Level 7
    I dont want to promote the lamer-way, but if you dont like the string you were given, you can log out and in again and get a new one. Repeat until you get an easy one, decrypt it, solved.

:-X

08-21-2012 12:57 PM RE: Decryption Level 7
    tiiger1111 wrote:
    fij wrote:
    Download source  Code

Nice work! :)
    I have no idea how you came up with the idea of trying xss in that challenge.. But that's clever!

Clever indeed. This has been patched now though. Thanks for showing it to us. :)

mohammedtota wrote:
    i got all key decrypted except the character removed, how could i represent the removed in plain text !!

This is a limitation of the challenge. As such, I eliminated the possibility of the said character from appearing where it shouldn't so that you wont have to worry about non-printable characters :).

03-29-2013 01:56 AM RE: Decryption Level 7
    I got an answer, if i encrypt it, it gives me the correct output but if i use it to submit answer, it simple doesn't work. Some1 please respond to it.

For those who didnt get this challenge, ASCII table is your best friend. its very simple. Just LOOK UP and DOWN!
    "If you have to ask, you will never know...
    If you know, you need only ask...

03-29-2013 05:56 AM RE: Decryption Level 7
    I got an answer, if i encrypt it, it gives me the correct output but if i use it to submit answer, it simple doesn't work. Some1 please respond to it.

You are joining the IRC frequently if I remember right. So PM me there for help
    Join our IRC channal! irc.evilzone.org #Evilzone #SecurityOverride

This dude doesn't answer to PM..no matter how special you think you are...sry

"With great power comes great responsibility"

03-29-2013 11:58 PM RE: Decryption Level 7
    yea i came at the same time when i posted that thread and Crash was online, I told him and he finished the challenge for me after I rightfully explained him the encryption algo. Grin so cheers.!!Wink
    "If you have to ask, you will never know...
    If you know, you need only ask...

05-28-2013 09:43 PM RE: Decryption Level 7
    This one drove me nuts for hours till i realized i was further encrypting not decrypting. Once i reversed what i was doing took me about 2 minutes.

06-01-2013 05:03 AM RE: Decryption Level 7
    i put abcdefgh in the encrypt box then got \g^i`kbm then i look in the ascii table and convert with - or +5 and got something but when i enter the result;it doesn't work why?

11-24-2013 03:08 AM RE: Decryption Level 7
    can someone tell me what the second character in the string is 'coz i can't find on the ascii table. I tried these [] but nope, not a match. Lil' help plz.

11-24-2013 12:16 PM RE: Decryption Level 7
    I believe the strings differ for each user. So, you'll need to show the string.

Jump to Forum:
    Forum powered by fusionBoard