•  

Related Ads

View Thread

Security Override Hacking Challenges Javascript Hacking Challenges
    JavaScript 5
    Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread
    03-01-2010 08:09 AM JavaScript 5 | Edited by Teddy 12-19-2013 05:59 AM
    I have done my maths but no congrats not sure whats wrong as it seems straight forward or is it?

03-01-2010 09:40 AM RE: JavaScript 5
    Its is straight forward i found the essayist way was to just cut and and past the the code and replace the "if" with an alert and there you have you password.

03-03-2010 07:07 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    I have tried that but it shows no output

03-04-2010 01:29 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    Then you have not set it up right. Personally i just stuck through all the math to figure it out. Modulus gave me a headache for awhile cause apparently calculators like to process that differently then others want to. But altering the javascript to output the answer is a far better idea and shouldnt be too hard as long as you keep all the math the same.

03-05-2010 01:36 AM RE: JavaScript 5
    I think firebug will give you answer straight away if you know where you have to look...I guess I completed it that only..

03-09-2010 05:31 PM RE: JavaScript 5 | Edited by Qwexotic 03-09-2010 05:34 PM
    I have tried this via java and calculator but all my results are wrong I have worked out the r******** and added the pass 5 number but no congrats.
    "The higher you climb the more you can see"

03-09-2010 05:41 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    chronic12 wrote:
    I have tried this via java and calculator but all my results are wrong I have worked out the r******** and added the pass 5 number but no congrats.

Then you've figured out the hardest part of the challenge already.

Now make sure that you know the difference between:

Download source  Code
    123 + 456

and

Download source  Code
    '123' + '456'

Yes, there is a difference - and a very important one, and that might be what you're struggling with right now...

securityoverride.net/images/userbar.png

03-09-2010 05:45 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    arrrr ok thanks for that

03-09-2010 06:15 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    Thanks Qwexotic I have found out what the ' ' mean and solved it manually so I learned a little more cheers!

03-09-2010 06:37 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    chronic12 wrote:
    Thanks Qwexotic I have found out what the ' ' mean and solved it manually so I learned a little more cheers!

Yes, it's quite important, and can be very helpful. For example, it was extremely helpful when coding a solver for the logic challenge. Smile

securityoverride.net/images/userbar.png

07-16-2010 05:43 AM RE: JavaScript 5
    I am having a lot of trouble searching for the explanation of the differences between numbers with and without the apostrophes.

Could someone please link me to an article of shoot me a pm about it?

Thanks.

07-16-2010 06:30 AM RE: JavaScript 5
    ArticuloMortis wrote:
    I am having a lot of trouble searching for the explanation of the differences between numbers with and without the apostrophes.

Could someone please link me to an article of shoot me a pm about it?

Thanks.

Click Here

Enjoy!

01-11-2011 08:27 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    madf0x wrote:
    Then you have not set it up right. Personally i just stuck through all the math to figure it out. Modulus gave me a headache for awhile cause apparently calculators like to process that differently then others want to. But altering the javascript to output the answer is a far better idea and shouldnt be too hard as long as you keep all the math the same.

01-11-2011 08:29 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    AYESEYEF wrote:
    madf0x wrote:

Thanks a lot Mr Fox.

01-11-2011 08:42 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    No problem.

Must say I find it funny how "Mr. Fox" is slowly becoming the nickname for my nickname Pfft

11-11-2011 03:53 AM RE: JavaScript 5
    Qwexotic wrote:
    chronic12 wrote:

Then you've figured out the hardest part of the challenge already.

Now make sure that you know the difference between:

Download source  Code
    123 + 456

and

Download source  Code
    '123' + '456'

Yes, there is a difference - and a very important one, and that might be what you're struggling with right now...

Thank u for ur help, but I am so confused by the response page. It always said I was cheating. So why? Plz who can tell me??

11-19-2011 05:37 AM RE: JavaScript 5
    Do you have your referer disabled? That was causing some problems for me, and I got lots of cheating-reports.

By the way, can we edit the topic of this thread? It has nothing to do with Java, we don't even have Java challenges.

07-26-2012 10:11 AM RE: JavaScript 5
    I have tried to edit via Firebug, but pages doesn't get loaded completely which disables Firebug to display the code. And I have tried copying source of page and edit the code and load it back. This time it said "File could not be found at 17****.php". Could you please help me out. I can sense that I'm missing something, but couldn't realize what I'm missing

02-28-2013 12:21 PM RE: JavaScript 5
    i have just copied the source code GrinAngryand pasted it in the chrome web console and get an instant resultSmileFrown

12-06-2013 10:49 AM RE: JavaScript 5 | Edited by phss 12-06-2013 10:50 AM
    hey,

i know this is an old thread but i am kind of stucked by solving this.

i did the first 4 challenges quite fast but now iam curious about the ' '.
    I tried the link above to read about what ' ' is doing to the numbers in the source code but this link is broke.
    i although tried to google but its hard to find. does anyone have a link for me where i can read about the effection of this signs to the numbers?

Tanks guys

Jump to Forum:
    Forum powered by fusionBoard