• Thisislegal.com

•  

Related Ads

View Thread

Security Override Hacking OS System Hacking
    Steam OS - Anyone?
    Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread
    01-18-2014 11:23 AM Steam OS - Anyone? | Edited by P4nd0rum 01-18-2014 01:43 PM
    Has anyone tryed the new steam OS and if you have do you have any feed back?
    I have a media pc in the living room runing xbmc and was wounding if giving steam OS a try would be worth the time.
    images.dailytech.com/nimage/Steam_OS_Wide.png

01-20-2014 10:44 PM RE: Steam OS - Anyone?
    I have not tried steam OS yet but I did download the iso a few weeks back. If i get some free time ill give it a go and maybe ill be able to get back with you with some results,

01-22-2014 12:44 PM RE: Steam OS - Anyone?
    An update reference playing movies and music on steam OS. It seams playing movies threw the steam OS has not been implemented yet so if one of the main uses is for a media box I would say hold off for now. Unless you want to install xmbc on top of the steam operating system.

Music
    The music functionality seems almost fully implemented code-wise, but there are no layout files in the current beta client making it impossible to actually use or even see. Playing local music files, Spotify integration, pretty album art and all that other good stuff is still in. Music might go into beta testing very soon if this is any indication.

TV & Movies
    We haven't seen much regarding movies or TV integration yet, there were some movie references in the layout files but nothing tangible yet. Don't expect this just yet.

Reference: http://steamdb.info/blog/34/

Jump to Forum:
    Forum powered by fusionBoard