•  

Related Ads

View Thread

Security Override Hacking Challenges Basic Hacking Challenges
    Basic 15 Challenge
    Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread
    01-28-2014 06:30 AM Basic 15 Challenge
    I am stuck with this challenge. I've tried many scripts but unsuccessful. Any hints please.

01-28-2014 10:01 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    I would suggest yoU Relay need to Look where to inject you code. Hint.

01-29-2014 12:49 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge | Edited by Override 01-29-2014 11:55 AM
    Is there a filter I have to bypass or just a simple alert should do the job. I've read many articles on XSS cross-scripting but wasn't able to figure it out yet. And is there any hint in the source code to tell where to inject the code. your help is appreciated. Thank you.

01-29-2014 11:55 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    The hint on where to inject your code Override just gave you in his post ... Read his post carefully and you will understand.

01-29-2014 01:59 PM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    you have to inject a simple injection , you don't want to bypass any filter look at the source and exploit the hint

that's it

01-30-2014 12:57 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    Do you mean I have to inject the code in the URL. I've tried this and was unsuccessful.

01-30-2014 03:13 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    Make sure you understand why exactly should that work. That way you'll have no trouble figuring out why your injection doesn't work.

01-30-2014 04:14 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge | Edited by madsoft 01-30-2014 05:19 AM
    Normally I'm not that into the "me too!", but since this thread is already here...
    Having some difficulty as well here. I tried to inject code at several places (found the hints) but no go. I did get the page to show a popup with 'xss' but that didn't seem to be the solution (no congrats). It might be my lack of understanding the HTML code......
    So any suggestions on some reading material to upgrade my knowledge?

-edit-
    Hm, found a second second way to get that popup but still not the right one it seems.

01-30-2014 10:24 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    Are you sure what you are doing is XSS and not simply javascript execution at your end?

01-30-2014 10:53 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    Mmmm, was thinking about that as wel. Made the changes in the source but after a refresh they're gone. My idea was that you wan't to do it by adding something to the url, but special characters are filtered out. Read override's comment and found several hints in the pages. But like one said: the hard part is to figure out where to inject.
    Kinda stumped at the moment.

01-30-2014 02:06 PM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    You're thinking right.
    However, nothing is filtered here. The mission is simulated and hence only the "expected" answer produces a "good" output. But, I repeat, assume there are no filters. Don't rely on the feedback.

01-30-2014 03:07 PM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    Abhinav2107 wrote:
    But, I repeat, assume there are no filters. Don't rely on the feedback.

Hehehehe.

*There is no spoon*
    Cool

The most simple solution is often the correct one..... Let's add a touch of Occam's razor here and see where I get.

04-07-2014 01:42 PM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    Hi everyone!

I understood all the hints, I know what and where I have to put my scripts but nothing that I do works...please help...

Thanks

04-07-2014 05:47 PM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    For everyone look at the source and you'll understand that you need a specific XSS alert.

07-26-2014 12:53 PM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    Ok I'm stuck as well

Seen the hints, read comments left here. I think i'm over thinking it now 63 tries is 64 it?

If anyone has time for me to PM them, so they can give me a nudge in the right direction. I'd appreciate it Pfft

08-08-2014 09:33 AM RE: Basic 15 Challenge
    Abhinav2107 wrote:
    You're thinking right.
    However, nothing is filtered here. The mission is simulated and hence only the "expected" answer produces a "good" output. But, I repeat, assume there are no filters. Don't rely on the feedback.

Hi! Do you mean, that I won't see Alert on that challenge if I enter '123' instead of 'xss'? (Of course all other manipulations would be correct)

Jump to Forum:
    Forum powered by fusionBoard