•  

Related Ads

View Thread

Security Override Hacking Challenges Realistic Hacking Challenges
    realistic 6
    Register FAQ Members List Today's Posts Search

Print Thread
    08-21-2010 03:18 PM realistic 6 | Edited by Guest 01-05-2013 08:17 AM
    just wondering if someone could give me a push in the right direction been studying the different pages not sure if im on the right track or not does it have anything to do with s__ i_______n

EDIT BY PUBLICENEMY
    Information you would have gotten from Facebook: Here on Page 3

_
    only time will tell

08-21-2010 03:58 PM RE: realistic 6
    Torrment wrote:
    just wondering if someone could give me a push in the right direction been studying the different pages not sure if im on the right track or not does it have anything to do with s__ i_______n

Oh, your waaaaaayyyyyyyy off. Look at the description for a huge hint.

08-21-2010 04:29 PM RE: realistic 6
    i understand i have to profile the person in the message i get just not sure how i go about searching on that site
    only time will tell

08-21-2010 04:32 PM RE: realistic 6
    This is a really realistic challenge.
    What are the steps you would do to profile a real person?

08-21-2010 04:34 PM RE: realistic 6
    i think it would involve using a search engine and other resources
    only time will tell

08-21-2010 06:28 PM RE: realistic 6
    Torrment wrote:
    i think it would involve using a search engine and other resources

Read the description to find out at least one site.

08-21-2010 07:35 PM RE: realistic 6
    yeah i know what you mean about realistic now to funny
    only time will tell

08-24-2010 10:06 PM RE: realistic 6 | Edited by sirEgghead 08-24-2010 10:53 PM
    Easy enough so far. Only now I am missing his cell # and have been digging for that for hours now. Great challenge so far though.

[Edit]: Got it. I actually had the solution for the cell # 3 hours ago. Tip for future users....don't use hotmail.

08-24-2010 11:23 PM RE: realistic 6
    TurboBorland wrote:

You typically would start out with basic information, like presented in the challenge.

Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Business
    Sex
    Etc etc...

Now of course, we didn't want the challenge to be overblown, so we capped it at a few details; however, this is how profiling works. It's basically a cyber-scavenger hunt.

08-24-2010 11:45 PM RE: realistic 6 | Edited by TurboBorland 08-24-2010 11:46 PM
    Qwexotic wrote:
    TurboBorland wrote:

You typically would start out with basic information, like presented in the challenge.

Name
    Address
    Phone Number
    Business
    Sex
    Etc etc...

Now of course, we didn't want the challenge to be overblown, so we capped it at a few details; however, this is how profiling works. It's basically a cyber-scavenger hunt.

I meant the steps you would take as a hint, not meant as the expected outcome of the search. My bad on grammar.

08-25-2010 04:14 PM RE: realistic 6 | Edited by Qwexotic 08-25-2010 07:28 PM
    Yep, the phone number is a tricky one. But a fun challenge actually!

08-25-2010 07:29 PM RE: realistic 6
    TurboBorland wrote:
    It wasn't a question, it was a hint for others. I was of the first to complete this challenge. Also, don't you think that that post is pretty much the answer to the challenge?

Oh, after re-reading your posts I understand now. I glanced over them previously. I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding.

I have removed my posts, to remove any spoilers. Wink

09-15-2010 10:52 PM RE: realistic 6
    so is the message provided in the myface site? I tried to register and it just copyed my SO cradentials, Except... I can't log in, I don't think it copyed my password right. Was to short looking. is this part of the chellenge or and error? I can't register again? only once?

09-16-2010 04:43 AM RE: realistic 6
    SMB wrote:
    so is the message provided in the myface site? I tried to register and it just copyed my SO cradentials, Except... I can't log in, I don't think it copyed my password right. Was to short looking. is this part of the chellenge or and error? I can't register again? only once?

I don't think that's how it used to be when I solved it. Whenever I opened a new browser before, I had to "re-register". Admins should take a look?

09-16-2010 08:01 AM RE: realistic 6
    I finished it but does it require someone to look over it or anything first ._.? Cause now when I go to it the thing wants me to re-register and it would be a pain to have to do everything over again(not like it was hard once you realize the hint the challenge gives you. Hell it practically gives the whole thing away).

09-16-2010 08:05 PM RE: realistic 6
    madf0x wrote:
    I finished it but does it require someone to look over it or anything first ._.? Cause now when I go to it the thing wants me to re-register and it would be a pain to have to do everything over again(not like it was hard once you realize the hint the challenge gives you. Hell it practically gives the whole thing away).

You didn't complete it. If you did, you would have been directed to a Challenge Complete page.

By the way, it uses a ton of session variables, so if you kill your session, and you come back to the challenge later, you'll have to re-register and such.

securityoverride.net/images/userbar.png

09-17-2010 12:07 AM RE: realistic 6
    Hmm....maybe I took the "threaten him" part too seriously....

09-22-2010 09:46 PM RE: realistic 6
    So when I try to register it locks my user name and password and email. Can't change them. Is this part of the chellenge? Other wise I don't know what it's setting my password to, to short to be my SO PW

09-25-2010 05:57 AM RE: realistic 6
    SMB wrote:
    So when I try to register it locks my user name and password and email. Can't change them. Is this part of the chellenge? Other wise I don't know what it's setting my password to, to short to be my SO PW
    try entering new credentials i guess it wont accept it. It wil take ur orijinal credentials
    Meaningful Silence is better than meaningless Words...

09-27-2010 09:04 PM RE: realistic 6
    im lost with the cell number i have everything else
    im not sure if the hotmail hint is meant not to use it cause its revealing or not to use it for this mission
    thanks
    only time will tell

Jump to Forum:
    Forum powered by fusionBoard